To all the OSP Families,
It is with regret that Orthodontic Smile Practice has temporarily closed for all regular orthodontic appointments. In light of the evolving COVID-19 crisis, dental regulatory bodies have recommended all dental practices defer non-urgent treatment.
The advisory directive allows us to continue to see those who have urgent problems with their ongoing treatment. What constitutes an orthodontic emergency will be evaluated by one of our Orthodontists, in line with regulatory guidelines.
We are here for you and ask that your direct all your urgent enquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org with the patient name, summary of the issue and, if possible, an image taken of the area of concern. We will then be in touch as soon as possible with advice from your Orthodontist.
We have a remote monitoring service up and running and if you would like to enquire about a virtual consultation or have a problem with your brace but are in self-isolation – please get in contact by emailing email@example.com and we will provide you with the information on getting set up.
Stay safe and we look forward to seeing you all again soon.
If you have an emergency appointment with us, whilst in the Practice, please:
- Only arrive on time for your scheduled appointment. Please avoid arriving early to reduce the amount of patients in the waiting room at any given time
- Bring only essential accompanying adults and avoid bringing siblings, friends or relatives to your appointments
- Use the hand sanitizer provided upon entering and exiting the Practice
- Check-in verbally with Reception, rather than use our iPad patient check in screen
- Use the hand sanitizer upon entering and exiting the room where your Orthodontist will see you
- When you are in the chair please keep your hands on your chest and refrain from touching the hand rests
- If you need to clear your throat or cough please advise your Orthodontist so precautions can be taken
We are also pleased to advise we are following these protocols to maximize your health and safety:
- Magazines, books and childrens toys have been removed
- Hand sanitizers will be placed with signs reminding people to use them
- We will leave doors open as much as possible to avoid unnecessary touching of hard surfaces
- All furniture and surface areas in the Practice have been and will be regularly decontaminated
- Consultation chairs have always been and will continue to be cleaned after every single patient, using hospital grade disinfectant detergent wipes
We continue to comply with stringent infection control protocols for our procedures and all our staff are qualified and/or trained in high standards of infection control.
We believe the above will help minimize the risk of people contracting the Coronavirus.
The OSP Team